PEM® self-clinching studs
are installed by placing them in properly sized holes in the sheets and squeezing into place with any standard press. The squeezing action embeds the head of the stud into the sheet. The metal displaced by the head flows smoothly and evenly around the ribs and into the annular groove - creating a flushhead assembly and securely locking the stud into the sheet with high torque-out and pushout resistances.HFH (heavy-duty) Studs
replace weld studs with easier installation at lower costs. The large stud head which projects above the sheet material distributes the axial tightening force over a large area thereby improving pull through resistance.HFHB (heavy-duty BUSBAR®) Studs
are ideal for applications which demand superior electrical/mechanical attachment points. Phosphor bronze studs offer twice the conductivity of carbon steel studs.
- Types HFH and HFHS are for high-strength applications in sheets as thin as 0.050”.
- Type HFHB is for superior electrical/mechanical attachment in copper.
- Type HFH is recommended for use in steel or aluminum sheets HRB (Rockwell “B” Scale) 85 or less and HB (Hardness Brinell) 165 or less.
- Type HFHS is recommended for use in steel or aluminum sheets HRB (Rockwell “B” Scale) 70 or less and HB (Hardness Brinell) 125 or less.
- Type HFHB is recommended for use in copper sheets HRB (Rockwell “B” Scale) 55 or less and HB (Hardness Brinell) 83 or less.